OOO
t

11/06/2008


my photos

FROGS TWO

I thought I was taking a photo of one frog, the fine specimen below. It was the first I had seen this year, but when it jumped back into the undergrowth, I lifted up the canopy to take a closer look, and discovered a second one just sitting there staring up at me. I hope I didn't make it jump! I really like the photo above, the frog just looks so at home tucked up in the hartstongue fern.



Frogs spend most of their lives on land so give them long grass, leaf and log piles, trees and shrubs in your garden to feed and hibernate under.

What does a frog order in a restaurant? French flies and diet croak!

13 comments:

Threadspider said...

Such lovely pictures! Mine are a little further behind....but guess what I posted about today? They are adorable at this size.

Glo said...

Hey, I wonder if they're related to Frog Newton?? ;)

What great shots, the first one does look perfectly content and comfortable. The other looks like he's pondering :)

Giggled at the frog joke ~ perfect timing since its a leap year :)

Gigibird said...

As we are currently doing a tidython of the garden we keep coming across the odd frog....but the chances of me having a permanent tidy garden are as remote to me having a tidy house they don't have much to worry about!

Simone said...

I love the frog joke! My naughty ginger cat Gizmo has been hounding the poor frogs out of their hidey holes all around the garden!

ginny said...

we discovered a frog last night whilst on our late night slug hunt... i hope he comes back with his mates to eat some of the slugs before our seedlings disappear under slimey trails.
great photos Louise.
Ps i enjoyed a wander with you around great dixter. x

Anonymous said...

I saw the real, rather young Frog Newton this morning in the plot pond!
I was surprised as I was looking for taddlers. I even managed to get a photo!
Love the joke! xx

Suburbia said...

What a beautiful little frog. You are so clever to capture him (on film/digitally) like that.
Great joke!!

life in red shoes said...

Such fun pics! We have a bullfrog that we caught as a tadpole. We named him Prince Charming. He is 8 years old now. He shares his huge tank with a turle, Duncan.

Christy Amular said...

What a cute little froggy!

Marie said...

Lovely blog - found you via the Ginger Darlings.

Lavinia said...

These are too cute!

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely photos - I love frogs!

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I think nice post. Especially the title attracted me to study the unscathed story.