OOO
t

25/05/2010


all images from The Daily Telegraph and Crocus websites

TAKING INSPIRATION

Every year I take pockets of inspiration from the spectacular gardens being shown at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.

Some plants which stood out and caught me in the eye this year are ones featured in the Gold medal winning garden designed by Andy Sturgeon for The Daily Telegraph. This garden creating colour and light, also won Best in Show.

For a 360 degree view of the garden, click here.

This is the first commission Andy has taken on since suffering the sadness of losing his partner, and mother to his three children, who passed away suddenly in her sleep last Summer.

The beautiful blue Salvia nemorosa Caradonna above was one of her favourites, and since I started gardening it's been a firm favourite of mine too. With it's electric blue flowers, it's a great value plant which will go on long into the Autumn, and will only be knocked back at the first sign of frost.



How pleased was I to see other heart-skipping favourite plants of mine chosen for the garden too.

Having always loved bearded Iris after inheriting a lovely white variety in my own garden, I've so far resisted the temptation to add any more.

Will I be able to resist the dusky and demure delights of Iris Action Time above?

Beautiful, just like my maternal Nan who was named Iris.



Or, the orangy pinkness of Verbascum Clementine?

I've been wanting to add more of this plant to my garden.

o
Or, the ghostly white of Eryngium Miss Wilmott?
o
I've coveted a big clump of this after seeing it used at Denman's Garden in Fontwell near Arundel, a local garden to me, and home of garden designer John Brooks.
o
I've had quick look and all these plants, and more, are available on-line!
o
Tempting enough for you?
o

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That blue salvia is lovely and I really like the eryngium as well! Flighty xx

Suburbia said...

Love the colours. One day I will go to Chelsea!