OOO
t

19/08/2007



my photos

HAMPTON COURT PALACE FLOWER SHOW 2007

After visiting the show last month I decided that my favourite garden this year was The Unwind Garden.


A path winds through the planting and makes the garden appear longer. A sunny deck is partially enclosed with a reclaimed brick wall and scented plants. A circular pool provides the garden with gentle sound and reflection. Silver birch trees provide shade and are underplanted with plants of various shades of green and contrasting foliage.

The planting is predominantly simple and elegant - a mix of grasses, ferns, hostas and other semi-shade-loving plants. Roses, lavender and other sun-loving species are planted around the sunny deck. Lush, large-leaved species give a sculptural edge to the circular pool.

On doing some research I discovered that the sponsors of the garden are a local company from Arundel, just a few miles down the road from me, not that I am biased in any way!

No comments: